Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nude Modeling

This morning I did my first nude modeling for life drawing, which I've wanted to do for ages now. I was fine until about 24 hours before, when it finally sank in that I'd be naked in front of a bunch of people, at which point I was a little nervous. That was almost entirely replaced by worry that I wouldn't be able to come up with enough interesting poses and be standing there awkwardly. In the end I wasn't really all that embarrassed or nervous about the nudity (although my heart jumped a bit when it was time to start).

It was pretty good though, I went all out on the 2 minute poses and I'm pretty tried now. In an effort not to replicate the previous pose I got gradually more ridiculous until about pose 5/10 where I was "squatting", balancing on one foot with the other on my shin, arched over supported by one arm with the other over my head. I only just held that and was shaking by the end so I eased off a bit and remembered to alternate between difficult and "resting" poses.

I also got given a really great drawing of myself which is awesome. Overall it was a really cool experience, definitely glad I did it. I'd do it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers